The OSH Act of 1970 Section 5 Duties (General Duty Clause)
- Each Employer -
- Shall furnish to each of his employees emploment and place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees;
- Shall comply with occupational safety and health standards promulgated uder this Act.
- Each Employee shall comply with occupation safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to this Act which are applicable to his own actions and conduct.
This is how OSHA views the Employer/Employee relationship under the OSH Act of 1970, we are required at Texas Tech University to afford this to all employees, faculty, staff and students.
We strive to look at possibilities of improvement in all areas of the campus, whether it is outside of the buildings to research labs. As we implement new Operating Procedures for areas of work on campus we as a University need to accept and recognize that they are for the protection of students, faculty and staff.
Many of the initiatives that we implement are not only for short term health issues but for long term whether it be an Undergraduate student, Graduate student, Staff or Faculty. We should strive as a University to make each person's time spent in and around our facillities as safe as we can make it.
The TTU EH&S Occupational Safety Department works in all areas of the campus to make improvements to the safety environment, we welcome input where problems are seen and we can be of service to the University community.
Servics we offer to the University community;
- Building inspections
- Forklift Safety training
- Air Quality issues.
- Office Ergonomic Assessments
- Noise Assessments
- Confined Space Entry permits
- Respirator Fit Tests
Occupational Safety Documents: