JULY 24-THROUGH AUGUST 8, 2017 WASTE PICK-UP:
NOTICE: the EHS Waste Collection Team will NOT collect Chemical or Universal Waste beginning July 24-through August 8, 2017; (Biological Waste will be collected during this time). If you or your staff have questions regarding this temporary interruption in service, please feel free to contact us at 742-3876 during normal business hours. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Radiation in-class training - Feb - Dec:
Occupation Health Program - Risk Assessment
The Occupational Health Program at Texas Tech is designed to monitor, mitigate and treat health issues that can develop due to occupational hazards. The program consists of three parts:
- Acute These illnesses are immediate in nature and usually the result of accidents. These should be addressed by the emergency response medical provider in the workplace safety plan.
- Chronic These illnesses are slow developing and usually the result of long term overexposure to health hazards. These conditions are often identified and addressed by the occupational health program provider.
This includes assigning personnel into the program due to occupational risks. The Assessment stage should be performed using the Occupational Risk Assessment. Enrollment into the program is accomplished using the Enrollment Form which is then submitted onto the Occupational Health Program for review.
This component of the program includes regular monitoring of personnel for risk factors and health issues.
The response component of the program is designed to medically treat occupational illnesses. This includes two types of illnesses:
- An occupational risk assessment should be performed by the workplace supervisor and details of workplace hazards should be described in the position description of the employee. Texas Tech Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) should be consulted when encountering unknown or undefined hazards.
- The employee should complete and submit the Enrollment Form and submit to EH&S at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This form will be submitted by EH&S to the Occupational Health Provider below:
OccMed Associates25 Briercroft Office ParkLubbock, TX 79412-3011(806) 795-7433
- The Occupational Health Provider will follow up with the employee to coordinate and perform the appropriate Medical Care and maintain all health records.
- The Occupational Health Provider will provide recommendations to EH&S and the workplace supervisor as to recommended work status and any restrictions for the employee.
- As necessary, EH&S will provide exposure assessments, necessary training and recommendations for engineering controls, administrative controls and personal protective equipment to mitigate workplace hazards.
During an emergency response medical care can be provided by any medical professional with a follow-up Incident Form submitted to the Occupational Health Program and coordinated follow-up medical care through the Occupational Health Provider.
Animal Users should visit: TTU Occupational Health and Safety's site.
Occupational Safety Documents: